List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kde uic plugins
From:       Paul Bourke <pauldbourke () eircom ! net>
Date:       2005-01-25 18:01:30

Hi,
	Ive seen other posts about this is the archives, but there doesn't seem
to have been any main answer, and it seems to me that it should be
something simple to fix, but I just cant get it working.
I have compiled kdelibs 3 from source, and they are installed in default
locations. However when i try to compile a kde application like k3b or
amarok for example, it gives this:

checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.

It just seems like UIC cant pick up the kde plugins, even though Ive
added all the paths to these in qtconfig.
I thought compiling kde would be hard but it turned out to be easy
enough. Its just annoying me that this one small thing is bogging me
down. If anyone knows what to do in this situation (by the looks of it
im not the first to experience it so the must be an answer) please can
you let me know.

Thanks for your time,

Paul.