List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Add flags to kdemultimedia "configure" script.
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2005-01-25 0:10:57

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 01:36, Simone Gotti wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> Here in gentoo an user can choose (using the USE flags) which features of a
> program he wants to enable.
>
> A lot of parts of kde (for example the "akode" library) checks for various
> programs/libs present on the system and then enable specific code for them.

You are supposed to only install the parts you want. This is usually the job
of the packager. For instance you install juk by only running make install
under juk. For aKode the idea is the same with the plugins. They can all be
installed separatly. Not that I dislike your patch, it can be usefull for
developers using cvs, but a packager or user shouldn't use that.

`Allan