List:       kde-devel
Subject:    persistent slow loading in Konqueror
From:       Jim Philips <jimmyc () speedfactory ! net>
Date:       2005-01-25 2:34:04

I am on KDE 3.4 Beta 1, but this problem has been dogging me the last several
versions of KDE. Some popular Web sites are extremely slow to load in
Konqueror when compared with Firefox. And this bothers me, because I would
much prefer to use Konqueror. Some of the offending sites are:

http://www.washingtonpost.com
http://www.ajc.com

Earlier, Slate (slate.msn.com) was quick to load. Now they have been bought
out by The Washington Post and they are also painfully slow. What do I mean
by slow? Some articles can take MINUTES to load. I can click on the link,
read a few things in Knode and come back to find that the page still hasn't
loaded. The same pages load in seconds using Firefox. I have a DSL connection
and most downloads come in at 130 to 150K per second, so my connection is not
generally slow. Clearly some sites out there are doing something Konqueror
does not like. Is there any way to analyze further what may be going on?