List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Add flags to kdemultimedia "configure" script.
From:       Simone Gotti <motaboy () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-01-24 23:55:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 24 January 2005 23:47, Leon Pennington wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 00:36, Simone Gotti wrote:
> > So I made a simple patch that adds some configure's flags (--with-flac
> > --with-speex --with-polypaudio --with-libsamplerate --with-libmad
> > --with-vorbis --with-alsa --with-jack) with this pourpose.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to do --without-option so that it remains the same
> for everyone else?
It's already the same. If you look at the code the default is yes. So the
check will be done if nothing is specified.
Saying --with or --without in the description is the same for me (and
configure) as configure will automatically decode e --without-bla in a
--with-bla=no. Just try it.

> and doesn't --with-alsa already exist?
# ./configure --help | grep alsa
  --with-alsa             Enable alsa support default=check
  --with-arts-alsa        enable aRts ALSA support

I think that arts-alsa support is different from alsa support for akode and
other kdemultimedia nonarts part.

Bye!
--
Simone Gotti - Gentoo Developer