List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-06 17:46:12

On Thursday 06 January 2005 03:48, kde-devel-request@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > -or press ctrl+up then ctrl+down
>
> Thanks! I didn't know all these shortcuts.
>
> However : when I start konqueror and first thing I do is pressing up/down,
> my selection _does_ change.
> But, whe I first scroll down using the scrollbar and _then_ select a file,
> up/down does _not_ change my selection.
>
> Weird behaviour, I'll file a bugreport for this one.

When nothing is selected, and you move the cursor up and down, the current
item gets selected automatically.
If you select something with Ctrl+LMB, moving the cursor doesn't change the
selection anymore. This is the implemented behaviour.
Moving around without explictely selecting something: always the current item
is selected
Explicitely selecting something: the current item isn't automatically selected
anymore, because that's probably not what the user intends. If it would be,
it would mean he has to navigate on a selected item if he wants to do
something, otherwise the selected items plus the current automatically
selected items will be used for the action.

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de