On Thursday 06 January 2005 03:48, kde-devel-request@mail.kde.org wrote: > > -or press ctrl+up then ctrl+down > > Thanks! I didn't know all these shortcuts. > > However : when I start konqueror and first thing I do is pressing up/down, > my selection _does_ change. > But, whe I first scroll down using the scrollbar and _then_ select a file, > up/down does _not_ change my selection. > > Weird behaviour, I'll file a bugreport for this one. When nothing is selected, and you move the cursor up and down, the current item gets selected automatically. If you select something with Ctrl+LMB, moving the cursor doesn't change the selection anymore. This is the implemented behaviour. Moving around without explictely selecting something: always the current item is selected Explicitely selecting something: the current item isn't automatically selected anymore, because that's probably not what the user intends. If it would be, it would mean he has to navigate on a selected item if he wants to do something, otherwise the selected items plus the current automatically selected items will be used for the action. Bye Alex -- Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de Home: neundorf@kde.org - http://www.kde.org alex@neundorf.net - http://www.neundorf.net >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<