List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Jakub Stachowski <stachowski () hypair ! net>
Date:       2005-01-05 12:39:26

Dnia środa, 5 stycznia 2005 13:04, Jason Keirstead napisał:
> I am wondering, why in KDE 3.4, we need this Konqueror option "Show
> 'Delete' menu entries which bypass the trashcan".

Because recently 'Delete' is not shown in menu by default and I would like to
have it back.

> Consider...
>
> - Deleting directly by bypassing the trash can is not something you want
> novice users to do

So now they cannot. I do not expect novice user to start configuration dialog
and flip random options for fun.

> - Advanced users (the kind who change defaults) can easily learn keyboard
> shortcuts like Shift+Delete - that is if they don't know them already (this
> has been the shortcut in KDE for this for many moons I think)
>
> - What advanced user even uses right click to delete anyways

I know at least one. Me.

> So why even have the option to put it in that menu? No one is going to know
> it is there,

I don't understand. This configuration option is not hidden in any way and is
as visible as all other on this page.

> and even if those who do would likely not use it since they
> will be using the keyboard.

These are only your assumptions.