List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-01-05 12:47:11

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 8:39 am, Jakub Stachowski wrote:
> Because recently 'Delete' is not shown in menu by default and I would like
> to have it back.

Why? See below...

> So now they cannot. I do not expect novice user to start configuration
> dialog and flip random options for fun.

But the novice user should not be bypassing the trash anyway, under any
circumstances. That is what the trash is for.

There is no delete context menu entry on Windows or Mac, I don't know why we
need one.

> I don't understand. This configuration option is not hidden in any way and
> is as visible as all other on this page.

That is the point - I don't think it should be there. It's needless clutter
IMO considering what it is toggling.

> > and even if those who do would likely not use it since they
> > will be using the keyboard.
>
> These are only your assumptions.

If the option is removed, you would be forced to use Shift+Delete instead of
right click.

I don't see why that would be such a huge deal, it is a failry simple thing
for an advanced user to get used to.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.