List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternate K-Menu designs
From:       Oliver Stieber <oliver_stieber () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-20 6:43:55

You should at least popup a default if the user
loiters over the menu bar.

I also found the menus a little deep, try not to go
deeper than 2 before showing the results to the user.

Personally I'd prefer dynamic menus that presented me
with the options I'm most lightly to choose next.

I'm putting together a usability test suit at the
moment, to try and identify learning curves and
usability performance by asking the user to perform a
task and timing all of the elements involved in the
task. I'll give your menu style a spin and see how it
goes.

http://utopios.org/dev/projects/kde/menu/images/tree/example.html