List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Alternate K-Menu designs
From:       Luke-Jr <luke-jr () utopios ! org>
Date:       2004-12-20 5:10:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 20 December 2004 4:59 am, John Tapsell wrote:
> * When you hover over applications, then want to go to Other, i moved the
> mouse directly there, which meant i went across Open/Do.   Could this be
> made clearer that you need to go up, then across?

This problem actually defeats (what I see as) the purpose of the design... any
ideas how going across can be made functional safely?

> * to get to an app that isn't listed, it's 4 mouse movements to get to All
> Applications.

The idea behind this design is that it should imitate a 90 degree arc and one
motion to get to each category. As you pointed out above, that doesn't work
too well. I'm not too sure how comfortable most people would be with an
actual semi-circle being used, not to mention that it would be more complex
to write or even CSS-demo...

> * Maybe Primary could be replaced with most recent?

Primary != Recent.
Primary lists the default web browser, mail client, and word processor. It can
be manipulated in a (vapourware, ATM) Control Center module. Basically, these
are user-defined entries.

> cool css work btw

Thanks.
--