List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K-Menu (Expanding Kicker) - Icon Size
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-30 6:40:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 29 November 2004 09:39, Mark Miller wrote:
> I have the Kicker on the left side of the screen.
>
> 1) I want to expand it beyond 128 pixels
> 2) I don't want K-Menu and other Icons to be "Large" size

are you the fellow who asked this question in #kde earlier tonight? if so, i
believe i told you that you can set ConserveSpace=true to get smaller icon
buttons in CVS HEAD / 3.4. if not, well, there's your answer =)

> These two issues seem related. The icons included for K-Menu do not
> expand past 128 pixels, so why would anyone want to expand the Kicker
> beyond 128 pixels?

that's why we have the ability to add multiple panels!

if you want panels that allow 2-dimensional layouts of buttons, there is a
wishlist item you can vote for on bugs.kde.org IIRC. i'm not yet convinced
it's an advantageous change to make, however.

--
Aaron J. Seigo