List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unable to start session - ksmserver error
From:       Scott Newton <scottn () ihug ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-11-14 4:22:19

On Sunday, 14 November 2004 14:27, Scott Newton wrote:
> I can start X/kdm fine but when I try to login to a sesssion I'm getting
> the following xmessage:
>
> Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.

A bit more detail. With session IceWM everthing works fine (as expected). I've
tried both logging in as a different user, restarting the display manager and
rebooting the machine (!). Still get exactly the same error.

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.1 (Mandrakelinux 10.1 3.4.1-4mdk)

automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.2

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59