List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Unable to start session - ksmserver error
From:       Scott Newton <scottn () ihug ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-11-14 1:27:24

I can start X/kdm fine but when I try to login to a sesssion I'm getting
the following xmessage:

Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.

The session then goes back to the kdm logon.

In my .xsession_errors I'm getting:

kdeinit: Got KWRAPPER 'ksmserver' from socket.
creating: alpha.newton.co.nz;1100397455;179495;26539_TIME0:
Could not find kdemain: /usr/lib/kde3/ksmserver.so: undefined symbol
main
KInit could not launch 'ksmserver'
startkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.
kdeinit: PID 26539 terminated.
startkde: Shutting down...

This is with kdelibs and kdebase compiled from HEAD Friday night and
updated again is this morning. What do I need to do to get around this?

Thanks
Scott Newton