List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO Slave for automatic ftp tranfer...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-29 15:46:20

On Friday 29 October 2004 19:39, Mario wrote:
> > Or use NetAccess, see
> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/books/kde-2.0-development/ch06lev1sec8.html
>
> This can be a way, but I think some of the funtions or classes are deprecated,
> aren't they ?

Yes, but simply use the non-deprecated methods.
Some methods that didn't take a QWidget were deprecated, so that you know you should
use a method that takes a QWidget.

> > KIO tutorial: http://www.heise.de/ct/english/01/05/242/
>
> This isn't what I want because I do not want to create a new protocol

Read the bottom of the tutorial, it tells you how to use jobs.
The most important part is to connect to the job's result signal.
The copy is only finished when that signal is emitted.