List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO Slave for automatic ftp tranfer...
From:       Mario <tweakBSD () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-10-29 15:40:24

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 15:20 schrieb David Faure:
> On Friday 29 October 2004 19:08, Mario wrote:
> >  Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 16:18 schrieben Sie:
> >  > Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 13:50 schrieb David Faure:
> >  > > On Friday 29 October 2004 17:35, Mario wrote:
> >  > > > OK, I took a look at the api reference but I don't get happy with
> >  > > > it, it does not show me what to do to start creating one slave
> >  > > > that tranfers one file from an ftp server to the local filesystem,
> >  > > > it's nothing special, the only thing I want is a window or box
> >  > > > showing the tranfer like konqueror does !
> >  > >
> >  > > Check the Job API in KIO (kio/job.h).
> >  > > You want KIO::file_copy() if it's always a single file.
> >  >
> >  > Yes it is always a single file, thank you I think that's what I need,
> >  > sometimes the api structure is a little confusing for me, but this
> >  > list is great ! I will test if I can figure it out, but normally
> >  > there's no problem !
> >  >
> >  > Regards Mario
> >
> >  OK I'm too stupid for KIO or somewhat, this is the code snippet which
> >  should do the described tranfer,
> >
> >  KIO::file_copy ( KURL::KURL( "ftp://localhost/test.zip", 0) ,
> >  KURL::KURL( "file:/tmp/test.zip", 0) , -1, false, true, true) ;
>
> No need for "KURL::", no need for the ,0 either.
>
> >  but it does nothing ! Perhaps somebody can explain a little what to do
> > when starting working with KIO copy jobs !
>
> file_copy returns a job, you need to wait for that job to finish.
>
> Or use NetAccess, see
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/books/kde-2.0-development/ch06lev1se
>c8.html

This can be a way, but I think some of the funtions or classes are deprecated,
aren't they ?

> KIO tutorial: http://www.heise.de/ct/english/01/05/242/

This isn't what I want because I do not want to create a new protocol,
I have attached a screenshot of the dialog box or window I need, which shows
the tranfer of my file!

Regards Mario

["kio.jpg" (image/jpeg)]