List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intended behavior of "File Already Exists" dialog box?
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-10-29 5:41:10

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 05:05 am, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 04:19 am, David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 October 2004 06:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > > Hello, David
> > > The patch applied just fine, and I recompiled and installed kdelibs,
> > > and I got my beloved "Skip" and "Auto Skip" back :)
> > > There is one problem that I discovered right away: let's say I have
> > > seven files I want to move into a directory that may already have some
> > > or all of them in it.  I select the desired files, drag them to the
> > > directory, and choose to "Move" them to that location.  I choose to
> > > skip a few, and I choose to overwrite a few.  The last one happens to
> > > be one that I want to skip.  So, I click "Cancel", and a few seconds
> > > later, I find that none of the files that I had wanted to move to that
> > > other directory were moved.  All the files I started with are still in
> > > their original location.
> >
> > You're a good tester - I also thought about this bug when going to bed
> > last night :) Easily fixed,
> >                 if ( m_srcList.count() > 1 )
> >                     mode = (RenameDlg_Mode) ( mode | M_MULTI | M_SKIP );
> >                 else
> >                     mode = (RenameDlg_Mode) ( mode | M_SINGLE );
> > (the first line was different).
>
> Hello, David
> My above mentioned issue appears to be fixed with your above quoted
> changes. If I should find any other issues, I will let you know.
>
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, David
Can I assume that you have committed your patch and the above quoted code to
CVS?  If you have done so, then the problem that prompted you to send the
code quoted above has returned to CVS.  If you have not done so, I would be
glad to give you any info you need to help track this down again.

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 00:30:55 up 16 days, 10:00, 44 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.39, 0.86