List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intended behavior of "File Already Exists" dialog box?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 10:05:11

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 12:01, André Somers wrote:
> Isn't that a bit odd? Shouldn't Cancel do exactly that: cancel the whole
> operation? In my book, that also means rolling back all things that have been
> done before, so the user ends up in the same state as he was before he
> initiated the action. Were cancel to work like this, "Skip" would be really
> different from Cancel. Auto Skip may be disabled I think.
> Just MHO, of course...

And how do you "rollback" the files which have been overwritten?

Anyway in general "Cancel" doesn't mean rollback. It means "abort NOW, as safely as possible".
The GUI word for rollback is Undo, which is implemented in konqueror (although
it can't restore overwritten files, obviously). But Cancel should just abort quickly,
as in any other dialog.