List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intended behavior of "File Already Exists" dialog box?
From:       André_Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2004-10-27 9:58:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 00:39, David Faure wrote:
> > After making my choices to either skip or overwrite, when it gets down to
> > the last file, the dialog reverts to the undesired "Move" behavior:
> > http://www.faith4miracle.org/FileAlreadyExists-Copy-LastFile.jpg
>
> Well for the last file "Skip", "Auto Skip" or "Cancel" would do exactly the
> same, they would just stop there. So there's no point in offering 3 choices
> that do the same thing. "Skip" only makes sense if there are more things to
> do after skipping this file.

Isn't that a bit odd? Shouldn't Cancel do exactly that: cancel the whole
operation? In my book, that also means rolling back all things that have been
done before, so the user ends up in the same state as he was before he
initiated the action. Were cancel to work like this, "Skip" would be really
different from Cancel. Auto Skip may be disabled I think.
Just MHO, of course...

Regards,

André
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant