List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intended behavior of "File Already Exists" dialog box?
From:       chris () deadhand ! com
Date:       2004-10-27 9:50:27

>I'm reconsidering this. Maybe it would be more consistent to always
offer Skip,
>so that you can ask to skip a file, whether it's the last file or not,
without having
>to think "ok, this is the last file, that's why my only remaining
option is cancel"...
>And if now moving has to offer skip even for the last file, it would be
more consistent
>to offer it when copying too...

That's pretty much what I'd say as well (not that I matter ;)). I think
Users don't really consider if they are already at the last file or if
it's still the n-th one - skip is still skip when it's the last file in
my opinion - and if it's still there no one has to really "think" about
which file it is.

Cheers,
Chris