List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Linux/BSD distribution
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-27 0:59:12

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:29 pm, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> How about starting with fixing bugs or writing documentation, instead of
> adding yet another name to the already overly long list of linux distribs ?

Unfortunately open source development doesn't work well that way.  If the man
wants to help with a distro, then there's no reason to suggest something
different.  I *wanted* to help with Gentoo, but I am better at development,
so I joined KDE instead of trying to contribute to Gentoo.

Hopefully he'll find a distro that is "close enough" to what he's envisioning
so he doesn't have to start from scratch, but it's kind of useless to suggest
he start fixing bugs and docs.  For all you know he may end up doing that as
part of the work of making his distro better. ;-)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne