List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Linux/BSD distribution
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () physik ! tu-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2004-10-26 15:20:51

Hello,

some weeks ago I installed Ubuntu and I really liked it. Ubuntu is based on
Debian SID, they aim to release a new version every six months. Ubuntu only
includes GNOME and one program for one task. I would really like to see a
version of Ubuntu with GNOME replaced by KDE, Firefox replaced by Konqueror
(or maybe offer both) plus some additional packages like Gimp and OpenOffice.
Ubuntu would probably be a good base and maybe one can even join efforts with
them.

That said, I prefer Debian SID to Ubuntu, because Debian SID offers me a much
bigger choice of packages,

Michael