Hello, some weeks ago I installed Ubuntu and I really liked it. Ubuntu is based on Debian SID, they aim to release a new version every six months. Ubuntu only includes GNOME and one program for one task. I would really like to see a version of Ubuntu with GNOME replaced by KDE, Firefox replaced by Konqueror (or maybe offer both) plus some additional packages like Gimp and OpenOffice. Ubuntu would probably be a good base and maybe one can even join efforts with them. That said, I prefer Debian SID to Ubuntu, because Debian SID offers me a much bigger choice of packages, Michael >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<