List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking for a recently announced tool
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-10-22 23:45:40

On Friday 22 October 2004 12:25 pm, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 12:08 pm, Allen Winter wrote:

> As for tips  files... what do you mean.
The files that contain the "tips of the day".   For example kdepim/korganizer/tips

> What should be looked for?
I don't know, really. They seem to be xml... sorta?
Obviously missing end tags, improperly nested tags.
There is an xmllint program (part of libxml2) that maybe we could use??  I know next \
to nothing about xml. It would also be good to check for consistent tip categories.

> What problems do they  have?
The problem I see .. that lead me to you and your test script... is that the \
development version of kontact sometimes shows an empty tip-of-the-day and I can't \
figure out what tip is causing it.

> P.P.S  Feel free to help out with more test scripts or making any of the ones
> listed in the TODO.
I might run the test scripts in kdepim and see what needs fixing.

Regards,
Allen