List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDirWatch
From:       Joris Guisson <joris.guisson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-16 10:50:52

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with KDirWatch. I'm working on a program
which needs to monitor some directories, digging around in the KDE
docs I found KDirWatch.

So for each directory I need to monitor, I create a KDirWatch, call
addDir with the right path, and connect the signals onDirty and
onDeleted to some slots. The problem is that it only seems to work on
the first KDirWatch instance I create. Any other instance, just
doesn't report anything.

I decided to try a different approach, and only use one instance of
KDirWatch to monitor all directories. This only works for the first
directory, it doesn't matter how many directories I add, only the
first gets monitored.

Does anybody has a solution to this problem ?

Joris,