List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moving windows outside destop boundaries
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason.keirstead () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-14 23:55:40

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:07:05 -0400 (EDT), Alex <amm2@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Actually I found a way to drag a titlebar out of the top edge:

<complex process here>

You are totally correct in your thinking IMO.

If there is a certain way that a user can drag a titlebar beyond the
desktop boundry such that it is not possible to drag it back, then
*that* is a bug. It is silly to obscure the bug by making the user
totally unable to drag the titlebar off the desktop. The *correct*
thing to do is to fix the bug properly. - either via your "Solution 1"
or another method.

Either way the current code is wrong IMO.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson