List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moving windows outside destop boundaries
From:       Alex <amm2 () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-14 23:07:05

Actually I found a way to drag a titlebar out of the top edge:
1. Enable window snap borders to say 50 pixels.
2. position a window low in the desktop in such a way, that another window
    barely doesn't fit between the bottom window and the top edge of the
    desktop. If you keep trying, there is a point where the top window's
    bottom edge will snap against the bottomw window's top edge enough to
    push the top windows titlebar outside the desktop even though you're
    dragging it with the mouse.

Bottom line: You have to try *really* hard to make this happen. Even so,
you can always right click on any window border and select "move".

Solution 1: KDE should not "snap window borders" on windows that are
partially outside desktop boundaries (instead of crippling free movement)

Solution 2: What I proposed before: have an option in the control panel
window behavior to enable/disable the new feature. I don't mind what the
default setting is, as long as I have a way to disable it!

Hopefully this can be resolved *quick*, it's so painful for me to see
that KDE 3.2 became more protective/restrictive that m$ windows !

Alex