List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc 3.4 segfault on building arts-1.3.0
From:       Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-09-15 0:04:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 00:26, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 September 2004 00:14, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > hi, i get this on a build of arts-1.3.0 with gcc 3.4.
> > make[4]: *** [artsflow.cc] Segmentation fault
>
> And this is our problem because... ?
>
> gcc bug -> contact the gcc people.

It's actually mcopidl crashing. Of course it could still be a gcc bug, do you
have some more information about it perhaps?

We've seen this on FreeBSD, too, but only if arts is built with
--enable-final. There's another spot in kdemultimedia where mcopidl crashes
in a similar way - the workaround we use is swapping the order of some
includes in the respective source it crashes on...

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org