List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moving windows outside destop boundaries
From:       Alex <amm2 () andrew ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-14 1:52:04

> No, it's intentional that you now cannot move a window in such a way
> that you'd be unable to move it back the same way

On M$ windows, you can move the titlebar up to the point where only a
single line of pixels is left at the top, so you can always
move a window back.
Why is this a problem for KDE ? I'm using my old KDE 3.1 right now
and there's no way I can make the titlebar completely gone if I move a
window by the titlebar, so there is no problem to begin with!

> Use Alt+LMB or any other way which doesn't depend on the titlebar

There is no other way. Even right click on the bottom border, and
selecting "Move" from the menu does not allow me to cross the top desktop
barrier!
Only pressing ALT works. It's very annoying to have to reach for the
keyboard to move a window in the way I need! This the first time ever a
window manager is imposing this!
KDE 3.1 was perfect in terms of moving windows, I don't understand why
spoil a good thing like that in KDE 3.2 ! Please consider reverting to the
good old behavior that is supported by all other window managers and all
KDE versions before 3.2

> now of course since one cannot please everyone there are other complains

How about offering an option in the control panel window behavior to
disable this "feature". That would be a way please everyone !

Thank you,

Alex