List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libtool speedup hack problem
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-06-22 5:38:32

Michael Pyne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After reading about a patch to the build system libtool script to enable the
> LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed command to work, I added it to my build routine, and
> it's worked well for me so far.
>
> However, recently I got an error starting up KBugBuster that seems to have
> been caused by that, and I was wondering if anyone else has received that, or
> knows any workarounds.  I suspect an error in binutils because the problem
> was solved by resetting LDFLAGS, but I figure it's worth a shot.
>
> The specific error was a relocation error trying to find _ZTV14KBookmarkOwner,
> which is the vtable for KBookmarkOwner according to c++filt.

Hello!

I myself using this flag in every KDE module which I compiled myself and
also wrote a configure check to see if it's usable, but I never
experienced this kind of problem. I'm using binutils from Fedore Core 2.

However, this patch is still not in CVS. Is it so bad?
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=108592987318214&w=2

Bye,
György