List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DANGER Fedora
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2004-06-10 12:34:24

> >>As I see it, we need to do something since the poor users have no idea
> >>what to do when they try to install the Fedora RPMs for KDE on
> >>RedHat-9 or try to build KDE from source on Fedora and it doesn't
> >>work.

Building KDE from source on Fedora 1 not only works but is very trivial. Once
you've downloaded the source rpm, you do
rpmbuild --rebuild  kde-3.2.x-y.src.rpm
That's it.

This process will also likely work on RH9.

The source package contains necessary patches to make it build on FC1, and I
hope that it would build on RH9 too.

Obviously, Qt has to be updated first (DON'T use source from trolltech, use a
right package). I provide a Qt 3.2.3 package (http://www.ibib.waw.pl/~winnie)
that will work on either FC1 or RH9, you have to build it first obviously.
It's been running fine for me (tm) on both RH9 and FC1.

Cheers, Kuba