List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [HELP] [Fwd: [kde-linux] Unicode]
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2004-05-31 17:53:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Attached is a script that may help you batch convert your files from
ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8.

Make sure you have the 'iconv' command on your system.

to use it on your $HOME, do:

mviconv -r --from=iso-8859-1 --to=utf-8 *

which should recursively transcode filenames from ISO to Unicode at
once.

(and send me your credit card number, mbwhauahahahahaa)

--
	Manuel Amador
	Jefe de I+D                         +593 (9) 847-7372
	GNU Privacy Guard key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net

["mviconv" (mviconv)]

#!/bin/bash
#mviconv 1.1
#copyright 2002 Manuel Amador (Rudd-O).  This software is under the GPL
#http://www.usm.edu.ec/~amadorm/

if [ "$3" == "" ] ; then
 echo "mviconv 1.0 by Rudd-O."
 echo "sorts a folder full of MP3s into artist and album folders"
 echo "This software is under the GPL.  ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY."
 echo
 echo "usage: $0 [-r] --from=encoding1 --to=encoding2 <files>"
 exit 1
fi

if [ "$1" == "-r" -o "$1" == "-R" ] ; then
 recursive=$1
 shift
fi

from="$1"
shift
to="$1"
shift

while [ "$1" != "" ]; do

 filename="$1"
 newfilename=`echo $filename | iconv $from $to `

 if [ "$filename" != "$newfilename" ]; then
   echo \($SHLVL\) Processing $PWD/$newfilename
   mv "$filename" "$newfilename" > /dev/null
   [ $? -ne 0 ] && exit 1
 fi

 #debugging purposes
 #newfilename="$filename"
 if [ -d "$newfilename" -a "$recursive" != "" ] ; then
   directorioviejo="$PWD"
   cd "$newfilename"
   if [ "$PWD" !=  "$directorioviejo" ]; then
      $0 $recursive $from $to *
   fi
   cd "$directorioviejo"
 fi