List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: build failure on redhat-7.3
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-06 14:48:11

On Friday 06 February 2004 13:33, Markus Werle wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2004 10:23, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > >
> > > attached file is
> > > libs/arts/work/arts-1.2.0/config.log
> >
> > It seems that all "sizeof" tests return 0.
>
> Yes, I saw that too, but why?

It seems that gcc chokes on -Wmissing-format-attribute
(but curiously on some tests it ignores it without problem, but as soon as
there are 2 unknown parameters it get rejected.)

> I also tried with latest autoconf/automake
> ( 2.58/1.7.9) to rebuild Makefile.in and configure, but
> configure fails at the same place.

> Could you please tell me how to handle configure.in.in
> and Makefile.am.in? I only know about the normal use
> of autotools, and this looks like a recursive approach to
> autoconf. I'd like to try whether this is an autotools problem.

It is not unlike the direct version.

The most important thing to be careful of is to run make -f Makefile.cvs (and
then configure) after any configure.in.in change, as the make system willl
not catch such a change.

(The main process file is admin/am_edit)