List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: build failure on redhat-7.3
From:       Markus Werle <numerical.simulation () web ! de>
Date:       2004-02-11 8:28:59

On Friday 06 February 2004 10:23, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> It seems that all "sizeof" tests return 0.

Ouch! I found the error: Since I used gcc-3.3.2,
and since it was in the path I assumed it would be taken
in preference to cc, but configure deliberately chose to
check for cc. "cc" does not exist in /opt/gcc-3.3.2/bin, so
/usr/bin/cc (= "very old garbage") was considered and
configure bailed out for reasons I do not want to
debug further.

A simple
# export CC=gcc
finally makes the world look nice again.
(Well at least the build starts ... we see this afternoon)
Could you please insert this hint into the platform specific
notes for redhat-7.3?

Thanks,

Markus