List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QA Team [JRT]
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-31 3:37:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>Yes, but we can't have total anarchy.  If we do get an organized QA
> team, they will come up with a list of bugs that need to be fixed
> before the release -- somebody will then have to do what they say or
> there will be no point in having a QA team.

That is, somewhat, what was already done for this release (and the
previous, and the previous), even if in a "raw" mode.

There was one person who judged all showstopper bugs to be gone and
fixed. That person was the Release Coordinator. There was no QA team,
so it was his word, in the end, that counted.

If, for the next cycle, we decide that the QA Team will come up with a
list of bugs that have to be fixed before a release and will review
thoroughly each Release Candidate, then everyone will have to follow.

But before we decide on that, the QA Team will have to get organised.

BTW, one thing I don't agree with is that the released version was not
previously packaged and released (as is) as a Release Candidate.
However, I understand the work involved in the packaging.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom (AT) mail (dot) com