List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n of anciliary message catalogues
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2003-12-31 1:26:24

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 01:36, Dominic Chambers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need a way to store a catalogue of textual descriptions for the daemons
> commonly used on UNIX systems while ensuring that these decriptions are
> translatable. I could just create a C file that sets up an associative
> array of i18n'ed strings, but I don't know if that is the 'right' way to go
> about it.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in this area?

i'm not sure if i understood your need...

What about using docbook xml together with xml2pot.
Translation takes place using kbabel, after translation you can convert the
po's back to xml and from there on create any document out of it that you
like.

Thomas
--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.