List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Import filter factory approach
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-12-23 21:47:14

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:34, Rüdiger Knörig wrote:
> Hi folks!
> Currently I'm writing on a read-only KPart for viewing 3D polygon mesh
> files (e.g. .plg files) using Qt's OpenGL widget. Since I will support
> multiple file formats I would like to have a plugin-like approach for the
> import filters including a factory class where all Import plugins are
> registered:
>
>  ImportPlugin *import = factory.importPlugin(mimetype);
>
> There should be an easy way to register new Import plugins in a way
> that make it possible to use dynamically loadable plugins.
>
> Could anyone give me a hint for where I could find an inspiration, maybe in
> KDE's code?
>
> Thanks in advantage!

I would look in KOffice. For KParts, in Karbon, for filter, in koffice/lib/
kofficecore.

You could look at KDE's calendar system (somewhere in kdelibs), you could look
at KImageIO (also in kdelibs.)

(Of course there is also the system plug-ins of Qt but unfortunately the basic
classes are private, so probably will have heavy changes for Qt4.)

> Btw.: When will kapps go online again? Wouldn't it be nice to display new
> announcements simply on www.kde.org?

See the ongoing discussion on kde-www (if you have question, bette ask there
too.) (Mailing list info: http://www.kde.org/mailingilists Archive: http://
lists.kde.org Direct email: mailto:webmaster@kde.org .)

Have a nice day!