List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Import filter factory approach
From:       Rüdiger_Knörig <Ruediger.Knoerig () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-12-23 10:34:11

Hi folks!
Currently I'm writing on a read-only KPart for viewing 3D polygon mesh files
(e.g. .plg files) using Qt's OpenGL widget. Since I will support multiple
file formats I would like to have a plugin-like approach for the import
filters including a factory class where all Import plugins are registered:

 ImportPlugin *import = factory.importPlugin(mimetype);

There should be an easy way to register new Import plugins in a way
that make it possible to use dynamically loadable plugins.

Could anyone give me a hint for where I could find an inspiration, maybe in
KDE's code?

Thanks in advantage!

Btw.: When will kapps go online again? Wouldn't it be nice to display new
announcements simply on www.kde.org?

--
Rüdiger Knörig
Institut für Fernmeldetechnik der TU Berlin