List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Native Widgets for OpenOffice
From:       Jan Holesovsky <kendy () artax ! karlin ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       2003-12-12 14:57:50

Hi!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Andrea Bergia wrote:

> http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/
> Do someone (more competent than me :-) ) plan to pick up the QT/KDE
> version of OpenOffice's widgets? It will be really nice to have OO fit
> into the desktop nicely...

http://kde.openoffice.org/index.html

might be interesting for you. I just wanted to announce the KDE Itegration
incubator project, so I will take the chance to do it here:)

Maybe you remember cuckooo (http://kde.openoffice.org/cuckooo/index.html,
previously http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/cuckooo/), a KPart
allowing OOo to be embedded in the Konqueror window (as a viewer).
It evolved into OpenOffice.org Qt port
(http://kde.openoffice.org/ooo-qt/index.html) and the development
continues.

KDE Integration is an official Incubator project, which means that it was
accepted by the OpenOffice.org comunity and if it continues well, it will
have a chance to be promoted to the accepted projects.

In the meantime you can help with the development. You can subscribe to
its mailing lists (http://kde.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList),
download the sources and code.

I added a KDE Native Widget Framework subproject to the main page as well.
It has not started yet, but if there is a volunteer to make his piece of
work on it, he is very welcome and I'll try my best to help him.

Best regards,
Jan