List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror and NTPL
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-30 17:37:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 30 November 2003 18:09, Renaud Lepage wrote:
>I was talking about NTLM implementation in Mozilla... Isn't konq's engine
>mozilla-inspired?

Not at all. Also I think you are talking about the rendering engine while this
involves KIO, the KDE IO subsystem (as pointed out earlier). KHTML borrows
concepts and behavior from IE and Mozilla to be compatible, but was written
from scratch, too.

KIO is an invention that is quite unique to KDE (even though GNOME's VFS has a
similar approach), but KDE had it first, so there is nothing it was really
"inspired" by other than the developer's vision of a protocol transparent IO
subsystem.

Cheers,
  Daniel