List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: [OT] Any plans to keep up with longhorn?]
From:       Ladislav Strojil <Ladislav.Strojil () seznam ! cz>
Date:       2003-11-11 8:28:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 11 of November 2003 09:16, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> > With KDE it is possible to select a larger font size (IIRC there is no
> > limit for the size of the fonts?), and from KDE 3.2 on there will be the
> > possibility to specify the width of the window borders for most of the
> > window decorations (for accessibility reasons). The only shortcoming that
> > I see are widgets without text (such as sliders, progress bars, icons
> > etc.). These need to become configurable in their size as well. In this
> > sense KDE is already on the way to become accessible on high resolution
> > (many dpi) screens.
>
> That is NOT the point.  The point is that as your screen grows, your UI
> elements should stay constant in size, REGARDLESS of the resolution.

The size should be determined based on DPI settings of your monitor.
If I use 1600x1200 on a 17" screen, I don't really want everything to be tiny
and illegible.
So yes, you are right, if you are talking about DPI resolution, and no, you
are not right, if you are talking about pixel resolution.

Cheers,
Láïa

--
    ~       Ladislav Strojil, MFF UK