List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Native speaker/expert wanted: terms for encodings of bytes
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-10-31 20:16:07

On Friday 31 October 2003 16:22, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> middle column: KHexColumn
> right column: KTextColumn
> enum for encodings of the middle column: KCoding
> enum for encodings of the right column: KEncoding

classes KDecimalDisplayColumn
KHexDisplayColumn
KASCIIDisplayColumn

Use enum named KDisplayColumnType, with values HexDisplay, DecimalDisplay ...

as I'm not sure what you're trying to do, it's hard to guess good names. I'd
suggest that you not force one decimal-like view and one ascii-like view on
the user, but allow several side-by-side columns with various display types.