List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Reducing Work for Translators
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-10-19 13:47:13

If the right extract magic is called in your Makefile.am, it extracts
everything between i18n's parentheses. (It is needed to be done that way.)

But do not worry. KBabel, the translator's program, can automatically
translate what it already does know.

So, yes, it is important to use the common strings (be careful at upper/lower
case) but the strings are re-translated if you use them directly in your
code.

Have a nice day!