List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Reducing Work for Translators
From:       Max Howell <mail.kde.org () methylblue ! com>
Date:       2003-10-19 3:00:07

Hi,

I'm stabalising all the strings in my app so it is ready for translation and
want to make the amount of work for translators as little as possible. I have
some strings in my app that are identical to Konqueror strings, as well as
being the same context (I've cloned the location bar).

Should I insertCatalogue( "konqueror" ), and if I do so will this prevent
these strings from being extracted for translation?

Also do strings like i18n( "back" ) get substituted automatically (since this
string must have been translated somewhere!), or do all strings get extracted
for translation? I ask because I've gone to some pains to use KStdActions
when I don't really want to; I've done this to save translators some work.

Many thanks,

Max
--
http://www.methylblue.com/filelight/ - Filelight for KDE