List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE in Brazilian Portuguese...
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () conectiva ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-10-10 2:39:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 10 October 2003 19:26, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> If I understand this correctly you have to set LANG=pt_BR
> beyond choosing the language in kcontrol.
> That is extremely confusing to the user. It used to be that setting
> KDE_LANG chose the languages for the kde-programs, and that was done in
> kcontrol. I got several letters from people asking how to get Danish to
> work, and it appears that you nowadays have to set LANG in .bash_profile,
> with a text editor, and that choosing language in kcontrol has no effect.
> It is not good.

Well, Erik, i just exemplifi that our system set the LANG directly and just
for the env, no user interaction is needed. As you mentioned, we have the
kcontrol settings modified on the instalation as well, so user got Spanish,
Brazilian Portuguese and English, so KDE_LANG is properly set up.
I just wanted exemplify to Scott what we do at our env.

[]'s

--
Helio Castro
KDE Developer