List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE in Brazilian Portuguese...
From:       Josef Spillner <josef () ggzgamingzone ! org>
Date:       2003-10-10 7:16:14

On Saturday 11 October 2003 00:26, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> If I understand this correctly you have to set LANG=pt_BR
> beyond choosing the language in kcontrol.
> That is extremely confusing to the user. It used to be that setting
> KDE_LANG chose the languages for the kde-programs, and that was done in
> kcontrol. I got several letters from people asking how to get Danish to
> work, and it appears that you nowadays have to set LANG in .bash_profile,
> with a text editor, and that choosing language in kcontrol has no effect.
> It is not good.

KDE_LANG overrides the kcontrol settings.
If your KDE language (set in kcontrol) is Danish, and you launch konqueror
from konsole via
	KDE_LANG=en_US konqueror
then you get an English version of konq.

LANG isn't honoured at all in such a case.

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.
Linux-Info-Tag Dresden 2003: http://www.linux-dresden.de