List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE in Brazilian Portuguese...
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2003-10-10 2:29:57

Fredag 10 oktober 2003 01:32   skrev Helio Chissini de Castro:
> Hello Scott..
>
> I Suggest you see the layout fo our pacakges at Conectiva.
> We have fully Brazilian portuguese enabled packages, and all that we need
> is setting LANG=pt_BR on env.
> Of course is needed have installed pt_BR i10n from kdebase and pt_BR i18n
> packages as well, and add Brazilian POrtuguese language on Country/Region
> dialog ( kcontrol )
> Is work very well..

If I understand this correctly you have to set LANG=pt_BR
beyond choosing the language in kcontrol.
That is extremely confusing to the user. It used to be that setting KDE_LANG
chose the languages for the kde-programs, and that was done in kcontrol. I
got several letters from people asking how to get Danish to work, and it
appears that you nowadays have to set LANG in .bash_profile, with a text
editor, and that choosing language in kcontrol has no effect. It is not good.

Erik (Danish team)