List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KImageIO replacement
From:       "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-09-29 3:23:12

> No, you don't have to do it. Simply copy the QT image plugin to
> plugin_dir/imageformats and your new image format are usable immediately
> both in KDE and QT applications! It's like the designer, sql and style
> plugins.  No registration, or anything else needed. See:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.2/plugins-howto.html
> Also converting from the kimageio plugins to qt plugins is very easy (I
> did it on all the plugins in three hours).

A I see. I didn't know the new kind of plugins, I only knew the old
qimageio where you had to explicitly call the register methods.
Thanks for the link.
However, I am still not quite sure about if this really useable.
The documentation talks about a "build key" which is used to discriminate
between "legal" and "illegal" plugins. It will refuse to load "illegal
plugins".
Because I would like to package my plugin as part of KSVG (opposed to Qt or
kdelibs/kdecore), how can I be sure that my plugin is considered "legal".
Is
the "build key" part of the Qt major version? minor version? build time?

Regards
Dirk