List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kppp in kdebase
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-15 19:54:53

On Monday 15 September 2003 15:51, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Monday 15 September 2003 22:42, George Staikos wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, have to agree with the others saying that a) kdebase is
> > > bloated enough already (should be stripped) and b) a dial-up
> > > connection is not common enough.
> > >
> > > Now that I finally have an Internet connection again I might spend
> > > some time on making kppp a bit more "generic" :)
> >
> >   Could this involve a DSL dialup manager by any chance? :-)
>
> Dialup? DSL? What a strange concept...
>
> Yeah, I know... I'm just lucky to not have to dialup on my DSL :)

  The DSL providers around here provide a utility that works just like a PPP
dialup connection manager.  I think Linux really needs one of these as it
makes DSL setup far more accessible for the average user.  Setting up PPPOE
is not that easy.  Even though many distros do the "setup", it's much nicer
to provide something similar to what the DSL provider ships their Windows
clients.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/