List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KPaint
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () physik ! tu-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2003-09-13 14:41:41

Hello,

I made some progress on my version of kpaint:
- You can now adjust the roundness of the roundangle tool
- There is a new star tool. The number of vertices is adjustable, also
the length of the vertices.
- You can now have shadows. This is done in a primitive way: the shape
is just painted by an offset before the real shape is painted. The
offset and the color of the shadow are adjustable.
- The UI is more consistent then before (in the KPaint from 3.1 you
could untoggle tools which is not consistent).

Some more easy things I want to do in the near future:

- A polyline tool
- A polyon tool
- A new Text tool where you can choose the fontproperties (I don't
- really know how much work this is)
- properties dialog at startup: imagesize, background color etc.

Things I want to do that probably need more work:
- A new canvas based on QImage
- A filltool
- transparency
- Effects like emboss, oilify etc. (which is easy once there is a
canvas based on QImage because there is a new lib in KDE3.2 which can
do this: kdefx
- change the interface to kmdi

Now I have a couple of questions:
- first, if I like to check back the changes to the original KPaint,
what do I have to do? Should I send the code to someone for review?
- If I want to link an additional library (kdefx), where can I specify
that the library is linked? I did not find a option in the Makefile.am
- Is there some documentation about kmdi? On the API reference
website, if you click on kmdi, it tells you "file not found";-)

Greetings,
Michael