List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K Menu: Name (Description) -> Description (Name)
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-20 19:28:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 15:51, William Leese wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> After some discussion on the kde-usability mailinglist about the default
> K Menu naming scheme the general consensus was that using '"Description
> (Name)" is prefered over "Name (Description)". Recognising the function
> of an application based on it's name is a very daunting task for new
> users and even existing users because of the large amount of similar
> applications.

Are you sure there was "general consensus".  I'm a regular reader of that list
and I can't find messages to prove your affirmation. I think most people in
the mailing list kept themselves out of this discussion.

Fell free to give me links to messages that show your affirmation is true. I
can find only few messages on this subject and not all of them support your
idea.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br